Thursday 21 June 2018

Oh What a Busy Sewing Bee I Am – 2018 Part 3

Oh What a Busy Sewing Bee I Am – 2018 Part 3

This blog is going to concentrate on the Bag’s Straps

Strap Tops Pinned








First of all I put the two right sides of the Straps together on both sides and pinned at the top. This is so they wouldn’t flap around whilst I sewed. It also marked the one centimetre gap I needed to leave at the top.

10 cm Pinned








The inside of the Straps could be sewn all the way around apart from a one centimetre gap at the very top. I could then remove those pins.

For the Outer sides of the straps there had to be a 10 cm gap. I therefore marked it with another pin

10 cm Sewn






I then proceeded to sew from that point along the Outer edge to the curve.

Outer and Inner Straps Sewn
















In the photograph above you can see that I have now finished both the Inner and Outer sides of the straps and removed all the pins.

Clipping the Curve










The next instruction was to clip the curved area of the Bag. I had not heard that term before. It simply means snip all around the curve. I did this at roughly one cm intervals on the inside and outside curves


No comments:

Post a Comment