Thursday 7 June 2018

Oh What a Busy Sewing Bee I Am – 2018 Part 2

Oh What a Busy Sewing Bee I Am – 2018 Part 2

Phew that took a long time to cut out.

Outer Panel Cut Out
















I decided that the easiest thing to do would be to cut out one set of material at a time. I started with the Outer Panel

Inner Panel Cut Out
















After I finished cutting out the Outer Panel I cut out the Inner Panel. After that I had to have a break as it was both time consuming and tiring.

Trimming the Panels








I left the bag in the box for a week or so before coming back to it. I had only cut it out roughly next I had to trim the edges on both sets of panels.

Pinning the Panels - Wrong










Oh for heaven’s sake. I had just pinned all the corners and I realised that I had pinned them the wrong way.

Pinning Corner Correctly













I took all the pins out the corners and started again. This time I made sure that I pinned the two right sides together instead of the two wrong sides.

Pinning Inner Panel Correctly








This time instead of doing all the corners at once I pinned one set of Inner Panels as shown above.

Inner Panel Sewn









After pinning the two corners of the Inner Panel I sewed as instructed.

Outer Panel Sewn









I repeated the process with the Outer Panel. I now have one set of Inner and Outer Panels Sewn at the bottom.






No comments:

Post a Comment