Thursday 31 May 2018

A Different Type of Cross-Stitch 2018 Part 1

A Different Type of Cross-Stitch 2018 Part 1

I have in the past blogged about Cross-Stitches I have either bought from a shop or designed myself. This one is a little different.

Different Large Cross-Stitch











This is one of the gifts I received courtesy of Laura of Alyssa Rose Boutique https://www.facebook.com/Alyssa.Rose.Boutique/?ref=br_rs

As you can see it is quite large. This is because it is actually a Table Cloth

Cross-Stitch Close Up
















The reason this one is different is because rather than being on Aida or Evenweave it is on Linen. There is no counting involved merely sewing as the pattern is already on the cloth.

Blue Corner Marker
















The one problem with this kit I found was although it tells you what colours to use it doesn’t specify how much you need. Therefore I decided to put a small blue marker in one corner so I always knew where I started from.

Which Blue is New?










As I predicted I have run out of the blue. Unfortunately because the thread that came with it is so old I cannot get the shade. After trawling through both mine and Laura’s stash of silks we came up with this. Can you spot the difference?

In the Red Corner
















I am about to start infilling the squares in Red. I am using the marker again to check how much I am using.

Red Amount Test













It is a good job I did test the amount I was using as it is woefully inadequate. I have one more interior to finish on the far side then I will have to find another colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment